Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sad Reality



So a friend just told me to watch this random youtube video called "Kiwi" and damn was I in for a surprise. I wasn't expecting this crazy shit. At first I was like, what the hell is she making me watch and I was tempted to fast forward the whole thing. It was mad weird, then as it was nearing its end, I was like...OMG wtf is going on...and BAM the bird died! It freakin committed suicide! Was not expecting this at all...I thought it was gonna be some happy lil animated thing...but I was wrong. Once I stepped back for a moment and tried to take it all in, I was deeply saddened by the message it portrayed. Basically, an outcast (a flightless bird) wanting to conform to society by any means possible, but inevitable could not, and committed suicide. Wanting to fly its entire life, it created this whole complex scenario (attaching trees to the side of a mountain) as its final time before it killed itself. Wanting to reenact what its been striving to accomplish its whole life, it jumps to its death, fulfilling his dreams as it reaches its end. So much damn symbolism and meaning behind this very short clip. You can relate this to life today in the world, how people try to fit into society and conform to its standard. It's just so damn impossible and hard that people get frustrated and do crazy things. The world can be a cruel place. This youtube video does not even need words to describe it, it does a good job on its own. With its peaceful/creepy music...to the tears of the bird as it plummets to its death...take a step back and really think about what this is about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home